- 50 minute session
- 50 minute session
- Online counselling via email, Skype, or phone is more directive than traditional face-to-face therapy. It is useful to think of e-counseling as a type of client-centered coaching. Fees are the same as an individual session, but can be split into two correspondences per week.
Fees are in accordance with the BCACC‘s recommendations for service. I reserve several spaces in my practice for those that cannot afford the full fee. In these circumstances, the fee is based on your ability to pay, sliding scale rate. Please contact me to obtain one of these spaces, I am willing to work with you if your finances are limited, contact me and we can have a discussion about this.
Please note: You are required to pay all fees in full at the time of service and to take all responsibility to seek reimbursement from your insurance if you have that option available to you.
Methods of Payment
My office at Evoke Wellness accepts Debit and Credit Card, and I also accept personal cheque and cash. A receipt is provided at the time of payment. Please note that a $25 charge for NSF cheques will apply.
In case of cancellation, I require 24 hours notice via email or telephone, or you may be responsible for the full cost of the session missed.
Should you wish to use paypal, payment is required prior to your booked session. Below is the paypal button; taxes are included in the quoted session costs.
Insurance & Coverage
Many extended health plans, such as Pacific Blue Cross and Great West Life reimburse clients for the costs of counselling provided by a Registered Clinical Counsellor. It is strongly recommended that you call your plan provider to ensure coverage and any annual dollar limits, as it is common that the print material provided to plan members is often incomplete and/or can be unclear.
Below are some suggestions on what to ask your provider when you inquire about your coverage:
- Do my health benefits cover the cost of seeing a Registered Clinical Counsellor?
- What are my mental health benefits?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- How many therapy sessions does my plan cover per year?
- Is approval or referral required from my primary care physician/doctor?